ACube Systems have announced a pre-order for a brand new batch of Sam460 boards! The board is called Sam460LE and is a bit different from the previous ones, since it has extra space for a double-slot graphics card. This is important, since the graphics drivers from A-EON Technology are getting better and better. With a decent graphics card the increase in performance will be high. 🙂
Now, without further ado, here is the description of the pre-order straight from ACube’s website:
Sam460LE (Limited Edition) is a PowerPC motherboard engineered and produced by ACube Systems and it is totally made in Italy.
The Sam460LE bundle contains:
- Micro-ATX form factor motherboard, with enough space for double slot graphic cards 😉
- MicroSD Slot at the rear of the board, so it can operated from the back.
- 1 backplate
- 7 USB ports
- Gigabit ethernet
- 4 usable boot media
- and more…
The Sam460LE supports 3 expansion slots: PCI, PCIe 1x and PCIe 4x.
More technical information at the following link:
Please consider this:
This product is a pre-order offer. The final price of this pre-order product will be 739 Euros VAT excluded (european countries should add 22% VAT).
People that will purchase outside the scope of this pre-order offer will have to pay a final price of 789 Euros for the same product (VAT excluded).
Pre-orders will be processed as follows :
– you can pay now 240 Euros (VAT excluded, see above), for a Sam460LE package
– we’ll announce on all social media when the production starts
– we’ll also announce when the production has been completed
– you will be asked one by one, to complete your payment (basically, the total cost minus what you paid as this pre-order)
– first payment, first served. We’ll ship in the same order we receive the remaining payments.
– in case you decide to ask for a refund, we’ll send your money back without condition.
Anyone going to pre-order the motherboard? I must say that it is great to see new hardware being made available again. Right now it is almost impossible to find new or second-hand AmigaOS 4.x compatible systems, so this should be welcome news to many. Sam460 also supports MorphOS, which is a big plus.
Thanks for reading and have a great day! 🙂